Monday, August 19, 2013

The Gospel of Lazarus? ~ Week 6

It is bitter-sweet to come to the end of this series. I will miss the extra time looking at John's Gospel from a different perspective. As stated in the very beginning, my hope is not that you will accept this hypothesis based on my series. My hope is that you struggle with this enough to spend time in the Fourth Gospel and learn more about Jesus. This past week, I really focused on the uniqueness of John's Gospel. It is evident to me that this testimony speaks of a unique perspective, unique encounter with Jesus of Nazareth. This testament points us to a very personal loving Jesus. When visiting with someone who has not read much of the Bible or perhaps even a new believer, I often recommend starting with John. On the surface, John is easy to read and understand, making Jesus seem very accessible. I hope that you find the accessibility of Jesus in these weeks to come as I challenge you to spend some extra time in the Gospel according to John. As promised, here is the link to the article that started it all for me:Was Lazarus the Beloved Disciple? This article was written by a favorite professor at Asbury Theological Seminary. Many blessings to you!

No comments: